If you are from Worcester and you suffer from unaesthetic angiokeratoma skin lesions, then Renew Skin & Health Clinic may be the solution for you to get rid of them with positive cosmetic results. We provide a safe, non-surgical, painless pulsed dye laser treatment for angiokeratoma removal in Worcester with minimal scarring.
Angiokeratomas are small benign lesions of capillaries visible on the skin, appearing as small bumps in various parts of the body depending on their specific type. This skin condition can also present hyperkeratosis or thickening of the skin on the outermost layer. Single or in clusters, angiokeratomas are generally asymptomatic, but can be easily harmed when scratched and bleed, thus being prone to infections.
There are 5 types of angiokeratoma:
- Sporadic angiokeratoma – solitary lesions on the skin, mainly present in individuals over 40 years of age
- Angiokeratoma of Fordyce – common on the genitalia, more often in men than women; may appear as single lesions or in clusters
- Angiokeratoma circumscriptum – a vascular malformation, that may be present at birth but can also occur later during childhood or adulthood; affects more women than men and appear in cluster in the lower extremities
- Angiokeratoma corporis diffusum (Fabrys syndrome) – a rare form of the disease, with a genetic origin. It is more severe in men than women, appearing anywhere on the body, with a higher incidence on the lower trunk and groin areas. Can cause complications which include strokes, painful hands, blindness, arthritis and organ failure.
- Antgiokeratoma of Mibelli (AKM) – vascular papules with a hyperkeratotic surface that develops in time, manifesting on the knees, elbows and backside of the hands, mostly in children and young adults.
Mainly, an angiokeratoma removal treatment is usually requested by our patients due to cosmetic reasons. This is where the pulse dye laser therapy intervenes, due to its minimal invasiveness degree and superior cosmetic results.
Prior to the angiokeratoma laser removal treatment in Worcester, you will have to undergo a consultation, during which our specialist will examine the lesion, determine its nature and decide on the appropriate course of action. Your medical history and current health conditions are also assessed to ensure that you are indeed a suitable candidate for laser procedure.
The angiokeratoma laser removal treatment in Worcester is a fairly simple procedure, lasting a few minutes that is based on the principle of selective thermolysis. The laser light combined with an organic dye mixed in a solved will create a thermal effect that vaporizes the targeted cells of the angiokeratoma from within, without causing any damage to the adjacent tissues. This results in minimal scarring and positive cosmetic results.
If you want to benefit from the revolutionary pulse dye laser treatment for angiokeratoma removal in Worcester, contact our Renew Skin & Health Clinic in Leamington Spa and book an appointment with one of our specialists. We will take care of the rest.