Angiokeratomas represent capillary lesions that appear as of red, blue, purple, or black coloured papules of 2 to 5 mm in length. This skin disorder appears more frequently in the genital area, but may manifest on any other parts of the body as well. The specialists at our Renew Skin & Health Clinic distinguish between 5 types of angiokeratomas, namely:
- Angiokeratoma Fordyce - lesions on the genital area, in both men and women, but with a greater incidence in the former
- Sporadic angiokeratoma - single lesions found on lower extremities
- Angiokeratoma of Mibelli – appears most frequently in children and youngsters, on different body areas: backside of hand, knees, and elbows
- Fabry syndrome or Angiokeratoma corporis diffusum - an extremely severe disease, causing fever or pain in the hands and feet; in the lack of treatment, can lead to heart issues, sight disorders, arthritis, or other negative effects on health; the main cause of this skin disorder is the lack of the alpha-galactosidase enzyme.
- Angiokeratoma circumscriptum - is located on the trunk or legs; most often appears at the moment of birth, but also when during childhood or adulthood; can be confused with malignant melanoma, as they present similar elements.
From all the 5 above categories of angiokeratomas, only Fabry syndrome or Angiokeratoma corporis diffusum has a specific cause. For the others, specialists did not found any causality. The Leamington Spa angiokeratoma removal laser treatment performed at Renew Skin & Health Clinic should be preceded by a consultation at our clinic, where the specialist will assess the health condition of patient, and also test any resemblance with a malignant melanoma to eliminate any potential complications or side effects and also determine if you are indeed a suitable candidate for the procedure.
At Renew Skin & Health Clinic, a suitable solution for the angiokeratoma removal treatment in Leamington Spa involves the pulse dye laser therapy, an efficient method based on the thermolysis principle, that does not cause any pain, and it has a minimum degree of invasion.
We encourage people suffering from these unaesthetic skin lesions to schedule an appointment at our Renew Skin & Health Clinic Head Office in order to benefit from our angiokeratoma removal laser treatment Leamington Spa. We will strive to ensure cosmetic results that will exceed your expectations!